Hope Coffee is everyone’s favourite drink and taste of it is so good. So how it’ll be if we made the cake with the flavour of coffee & if there is some walnut to make it more gorgeous. Here we go, Just go through the below-mentioned steps and Enjoy it in Christmas Season…
🎂Coffee And Walnut Cake
It is the most liked cake in the world. Especially in the Christmas season, it’s popularity becomes so high nowadays from the very first time because of its unique combination Coffee and walnut as it can be cooked easily in the home and it is best if we have it with afternoon tea. Coffee Walnut Cake contains near about 390 Calories. If you have some sensitive to caffeine you may use some decaf coffee, it is also good for children. It’ll take 40 minutes plus cooling time & its recipe is not so tricky. To cook it you need some ingredients and those are…
- Butter, softened – 200 gms
- Golden castor sugar – 200 gms
- Eggs, beaten – 4
- Self-raising flour -200 gms
- Chopped walnuts – 50 gms
- Coffee essence (may use some strong instant coffee) – 1 tbsp
- Icing sugar – 200 gms
- Butter, softened – 85 gms
- Coffee essence – 2 tsp
- Single cream or milk – 1 tbsp
- Icing sugar – 300 gms
- Coffee essence – 1 tsp
- Coldwater – 2-3 tbsp
- Walnut halves- 9
- Heat oven to 180° C.
- Grease two deep 20 cm sandwich cake tins. Line the bases with greaseproof paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar and together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs a bit at a time sprinkling in a little of the flour to stop the mixture from curdling.
- Sift and fold in the remaining flour, then fold in the walnuts.
- Mix the coffee essence in 1 tsp water and fold this in, then divide the mixture equally between the prepared cake tins and level the tops.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly pressed in the center with your finger.
- Leave the cakes in the tins for 5 minutes, then turn out on to a wire rack and leave until cold.
- Make the filling: Beat all the ingredients in a bowl until smooth and fluffy, then used to sandwich the two cakes together.
- Make the icing: Sift the icing sugar in to a bowl, and then mix in the coffee essence and water to smooth icing. Pour the icing onto the top of the cake and quickly spread it over the tops and the sides, then arrange 8 walnut halves around the outside and 1 in the middle.
- Leave to set before serving.