IIT Gandhinagar Review: IITGN IIT Gandhinagar is one of the eight new IITs established in 2008. It is being mentored by IIT Bombay.
- Campus Area- 400Acres
The institute is located at Palaj, Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Ahmedabad Airport is approximately 26 km and Ahmedabad Railway Station is 28 km away.
Stats & Ranking:
- NIRF 2019: Ranked 24th
Mode of Admission:
For BTech- JEE Main then Advanced
For MTech- GATE
For BTech- SEM+HOSTEL+FOOD- 120,000/-
For MTech- SEM+HOSTEL+FOOD- 50,000/-
- IIT Gandhinagar has six centrally air-conditioned hostels, namely: Aibaan, Beauki, Chimaira, Duven, Emiet, and Firpeal.
- individual room with a bed, study table, spacious cupboard, and multiplug points including LAN as well.
- WiFi speed- 50MBPS.
Midas touch is a unisex hair salon. However, other facilities such as facial, threading, etc are available in the shop. The shop remains open 10:30 am to 7:00 pm (Monday to Friday except for Tuesday) and 10:00 am to 8:00 pm (Saturday & Sunday)
- Outdoor Games: Gymnasium, Footballcum Cricket ground, Basketball court, Badminton court, and flood-lit Volleyball, and Lawn Tennis court.
- Indoor Games: Table Tennis, Carrom, and Chess
Good Quality Mess Available. One of the best in the IITs. They serve 4meals a day like all IITs.
- 3 Cafes like Tea Post, two Amul, and some grocery stores.
- Good quality labs are available as most of the IITs.
Overall one of the best new IITs. You can take admission without any hesitation.